Friday, January 28, 2011

DotNetFish - Lack of Motivation

Its been hard to get motivated to work on the project lately. I was sick with the stomach flu at the first of the month, and that really took the wind out of my sails. However, I was able to get one more thing working. Maps are now saved after creation, and can be loaded.

Here is a short rundown of the most critical tasks I need to finish
  • I need to get tile rendering completed on the editor. Once I have this done, I will be able to view the map.
  • I need to create a way to define a spawn point on the map.
Once I finish those two tasks on the editor. I will be able to commence work on the client. Here's the short list of what I need to do there.
  • Get the rendering completed
  • Get the boat to move
  • Get the boat to be able to fish
Once I've got that done, I should have a minimally viable product for testing. This means that I will have a full tool chain, and can start implementing features. There are a few other things that I need to work on though

  • Need to refactor the tile creation process to take into account the start and end points of land
  • Need to refactor all of the WPF projects to use a pattern for the UI. Will either use MVP or MVVM pattern
The game solution will probably not be refactored to use MVP or MVVM, because I plan to use it from the start, and it should be simple to go back and get the others done. Its just a bit tedious, and that sucks the motivation right out of you when things are tedious. 

Hopefully February will be a better month.

No comments:

Post a Comment