Thursday, February 10, 2011

DotNetFish - When Progress Hurts

Spent some time working on the project recently. I was able to implement the following features

  • Level editor now displays the map properly
  • You can use the arrow keys to scroll around the map
Its great to be able to finally visualize how the map actually looks. The downside, is that now I know how bad the map actually looks. Being able to view the tiles has brought several problems to my attention. Here are the things I need to get fixed.
  • Need to get the land/water on the edge tiles to orientate properly.
  • Need to figure out why the tiles don't match the area I selected
  • Need to improve the tile selection process
Those are the three pressing issues. Hopefully next time progress wont hurt so much!

You can grab the latest from https://github.com/aaronmell/DotNetFish/

No comments:

Post a Comment